From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisition

I'd like to know what is the difference between using DAQ Assistant and DAQmx write.  And if I use more than one channel do I need more than one DAQ assistant.

Thanks
Irene777

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,449 Views)
Hi

suggest you check out the tutorial :
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4656

xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,447 Views)
Okay,,, Thanks a lot...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,416 Views)
Hello Irene.  When acquiring more than 1 channel, you should still only use one DAQ Assistant.  If, for example, you have 2 analog inputs that you are trying to acquire, and you place one DAQ Assistant for each analog input channel, you will get an error because only one DAQ Assistant can access AI channels at a time. 

You can add channels to your DAQ Assistant by clicking on a plus sign by the "Channel List" in your DAQ Assistant.  Without knowing what version of DAQmx you have, I cannot be much more specific since the location and color of the plus sign will vary from version to version. 

However, if you refer to the website below, and look at the picture of the "DAQ Assistant" window early in the article, you will see a green plus sign directly under the words "Channel List."  If you click on this, you will get an option to configure another channel. 

Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications

It turns out that this website is also a fantastic resource which explains the core functions in DAQmx.  I would definitely recommend reading it if you are just getting started with DAQmx in LabVIEW. 

Brian F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,381 Views)