LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisition Program Guidance

Hi, I am trying to develop a data acquisition program and would like some guidance.

Scenario: Test engineer looks at live data being read from thermocouples using a CDAQ system. When he is happy that the data is settled, he will press a button which will log one point of data from each channel on the thermocouple card of the CDAQ. Currently I am using one 16 channel card but this will be expanded to use 3 x 16 channel card.

Current progress, I can view the live data on a chart and I have a button which takes me into another state of a state machine to log oe set point. I am not sure whether I should place these logged set points into an array with a new row for each set point or save them straight into a file.

Could you suggest which would be the better option and how to go about doing this. I have tried several methods to get the set points into a new row of an array but failed.

Maybe my whole program structure is not suitable to what i want to do.

Attached is my VI of current progress. See DEV1.7.vi for the latest version.

Thank  you in advance.

Rhys

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,132 Views)

Zip the structure that conains your project (or a source distribution of your project) and attach it.  The .lvproj file only contains the names of the expected vis and controls etc... We get nothing else to look at.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,125 Views)

Hi,

Here are the files

Cheers

Rhys

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,116 Views)

You just need to add a shift register and a build array.

I don't use DAQmx so I don't know why it's output is a two dimensional array but you get the idea.

Every time you press the button and leave the logging loop the output will be appended to the array.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,103 Views)