cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisition Issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have created a program that logs vacuum and temperature of a product.  I want to continuously display the live data on a graph but I noticed that when the program is running, there are breaks in the vacuum waveform (blue line).  It is as if data is not being logged or read periodically.  I tried playing with the sample rate but nothing helped. Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks!daqissue.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,180 Views)

Do you see any errors?

I have had issues in the past sampling too slow. This may be causing part of the problem. I would also suggest that you offload the processing and saving of the data to the bottom loop. Have the data stream to a control them process it somewhere other than the loop you are using to do the data acquisition. You may have to over sample a bit and then average to get the card to give consistent data flow.

How do you have the channel connect to the 9201?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,171 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ANON12345

1.  Since all of your modules seem to be on the same chassis, you should be able to just create 1 task for all of your channels.  This will make your code quite a bit simpler.

2. Use a Producer/Consumer setup to move your logging to another loop.  This will allow your DAQ loop to keep a good, steady pace while you just log the data when it comes in.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,158 Views)

I used 1 task for all my channels and it fixed the problem.. Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,120 Views)