LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboards and indicators

Hi, good morning, i would like to know if there is a way to make that a VI creates indicators for a number of exisisting informations...by example, if my VI is reading information from an exel with only 3 numbers, i want only 3 indicators, but if my excel is uptaded and now it has 5 numbers, now i want to see the 5 indicators and so on.

And how can I search for that information (names, clasification)
thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,752 Views)

@Danybond wrote:

Hi, good morning, i would like to know if there is a way to make that a VI creates indicators for a number of exisisting informations...by example, if my VI is reading information from an exel with only 3 numbers, i want only 3 indicators, but if my excel is uptaded and now it has 5 numbers, now i want to see the 5 indicators and so on.

There's no way to dynamically grow the number of controls\indicators in CG LabVIEW.

You could of course use an array. That will grow from 3 to 5 without any problem. If there's only one type...

If you really want to dynamically show an unknown number controls\indicators of different types, you can put a sufficient large number* of sub panels on the FP, and populate them with the correct (saved) controls.

* Sufficiently large could be the maximum, but you can also put a few static sub panels on the FP, and make a scrollbar scroll the content...

@Danybond wrote:

And how can I search for that information (names, clasification)

That depends on what you want... There are millions of ways you can search.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,644 Views)

You could make many indicators and controls on your front panel. Make them invisible when you start and make them visible once you add data to them. As long as you are not going to have to update many controls or indicators this method would work. If you are going to need to add or change this in the future this method might not be the best idea.

You could also put the controls and indicators into a cluster and then add them to an array. Once you fill in the information it would be available int he array. If you name things correctly you should be able to find the control or indicator and get the values from it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,629 Views)