LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daqmx 9.7 Freezes Complete computer

Hi All,

I recently recevied a new computer and I am having a werid problem with my DAQmx Drivers (9.7) on windows 7 with this computer.  The hardware I am using is a PXI-6535 card and a PXI-6115 card in PXI-1073. The code is prety simple and works on all of my old computers. See the attached VI. What I have found out is that the system freezes once it goes to Analog Input. but the behaviour is really random. Sometime the code works for 15-20 time before freezing or sometimes just 3 times and freezes the computer. and then to I have to manually restart the computer.

So to summerize the code works fine on my old PC with windows 7 but with the new PC it doesnt work. I am working with LV 2012 F5 32 bit and Win7 64bit  with Daqmx 9.7. Code works fine couple of time but after couple of run it hangs/Freezes the whole computer and only way to recover is to manually restart.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,303 Views)

Please check the Windows Event Log. Are there warnings/errors?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,283 Views)

No thats the problem. In windows event log is also not written but i think I found the problem. Although the PXI- 6115 supports 10Ms and I am using jsut 4M still somehow the DAQmx drivers freezes the PC but when I go lower to 2M sampling rate i stopped getting any errors in the new PC as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,276 Views)

Hello,

which revision is your PXI-6115? Maybe your card is affected by the issue described in this KB article?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/82DCFAEAF926EB198625741F0061807B

Best regards,

Alex

Applications Engineering Intern, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,244 Views)

Hi ,

I jsut tested the software patch solution and tested it again with 4M Hz but still the problems comes but using 2M the problem doesnt come at all. Now I would really like to understand what is going on and why it effects on the 2 new PC(win7) not the old PC(win7)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,229 Views)

This is due to a Bus Limitation of your BIOS:

Determining the Number and Range of PCI/PCI Express Root Bus Devices - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BF84B75E08D2A7708625763B00670007

Message 6 of 6
(3,186 Views)