cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daq Connection Troubles

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

What I want to do is pretty simple (but I just can't figure it out :(). I want to connect an analog input to an analog output, but control this like a relay. For example, when switch is true, my pins are connected so the input on pin A gets passed to the output on some pin B. Then when switch is false, input pin A is not connected to pin B (or pin B would output 0V).

Problem: For the case when my switch is true, the input gets passed correctly to the output. For the case when my switch is false, I get errors saying: "No samples provided to DAQmx Write to initialize buffered generation." or "Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property."

I know the problem is that the DAQ assistant wants some sort of input at all times, but Im not sure what to give it to make it output nothing. 

Attached are two attempts I made.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author g_e_m_i_n_i

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Under signal manipulation I used a relay, which didnt work previously, but I had to change "output when relay off" from "empty" to "zero".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,428 Views)