LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM AC voltage

Solved!
Go to solution

I have labview 2020. I need to read AC rms voltage. What is the best solution to do it?? I need 5 DMM channels. I was looking at  PXIe-1083 with PXI 4065. Unfortunately it seems like labview 2020 is not compatible with this product. Is there anything else to make this work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(968 Views)

PXI-4065 is an active product, why do you think it is not supported for LV2020?

All latest drivers will support active products typically.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(958 Views)

When I go to NI Max with labview 2020 to add a device it doesn’t show up. I have another computer where I have labview 2012. When I check NI max for that old labview it appears the PXI-4065.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(944 Views)

Did you install the NI-DMM drivers?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(934 Views)

Thanks for your help. After installing the NI-DMM drivers the pxi-4065. But the Chasis PXIe-1083 still doesn't show up. I am assuming I need to be able to add it on NI MAX. is there anything else I need to install??

josear04_0-1681388877367.png

josear04_1-1681388916829.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(915 Views)

@josear04 wrote:

Thanks for your help. After installing the NI-DMM drivers the pxi-4065. But the Chasis PXIe-1083 still doesn't show up. I am assuming I need to be able to add it on NI MAX. is there anything else I need to install??

josear04_0-1681388877367.png

josear04_1-1681388916829.png

What you are showing in your pictures are "Simulated" devices.  Do you have access to the physical devices?

If you expand the "Software" view of the MAX tree view and send that screenshot we would be better able to evaluate what software components are missing. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(908 Views)

@josear04 wrote:

I have labview 2020. I need to read AC rms voltage. What is the best solution to do it?? I need 5 DMM channels. I was looking at  PXIe-1083 with PXI 4065. Unfortunately it seems like labview 2020 is not compatible with this product. Is there anything else to make this work?

I have a few question about the 5 channels

1. Differential or single ended measurement?
  2. What is the voltage range you need to measure?
  3. How fast do you need to measure the voltage?
  4. Do you need waveform capture?
  5. Does it have to be a NI device? 
  6. What's your budget? 

The last two are related as buying NI devices offers excellent LabVIEW support and integration. Other devices can offer the same level of measurement speed and accuracy at a lower cost but you can't use things like the DAQ Wizard to write basic code for you.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(898 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author josear04

What version of NI-DMM do you have installed? LabVIEW 2020 support is only present in NI-DMM 20.0 and newer.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(887 Views)