cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM 6500 Example vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,
      I am a newbie in Labview and I am developing a panel that measures DC Voltage with my DMM 6500 digital multimeter. When I run the example, I meet the error followed, and the instrument shows the error-224. Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.捕获.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,252 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ruician

Hi Ruician,

when your DMM reports an "illegal parameter" then you need to check all parameters sent to your device!

1. Open the manual and check the parameters of the command producing that error.
  2. Compare with the command string sent to your DMM.
  3. Correct the VI producing that string.

(This procedure is called debugging"…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 9
(6,026 Views)

Okay thank you for kindness. Wish you a happy new year!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,858 Views)

Hi, I am a newbie to this website and I appreciate your assistance for my situation.
I meet some trouble when I try to run the example vi for the DMM 6500 Multimeter,I meet some trouble.
The first one is that when I run the Configure Measurement.vi with its defaulted channel list, it dosen't run correclty with the error-1115 on the instrument. And when I run it with the channel list to blank, it runs well,but I am not sure whether this will influence my measurement,can u tell me how should I cope this?

The second one is that when I run the Read (Multiple Points).vi, it shows error-2710, and I find error appears within the Query Operation Complete.vi, however, when I run the Query Operation Complete.vi alone with the same input, this vi runs correclty.This makes me confused, can u tell me how to solve it?
Thanks in advance!!!

1.PNG

2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ruician

Hi Ruician,

no need to start a new thread for the very same kind of problem…

@Ruician wrote:

it dosen't run correclty with the error-1115 on the instrument.

The second one is that when I run the Read (Multiple Points).vi, it shows error-2710,

Both error messages are explained in the manual of your device. Did you read it?

Again: start with reading the manual. Learn about device usage first!

Generic advice:

1. Start to use your device using the buttons on its frontpanel manually. Learn how to setup the desired operation.
  2. Read the manual to learn about the commands to replicate the very same operation when remotely controlling the device from LabVIEW.
  3. Examine the example VIs coming with the device driver to check for correct usage of all commands needed to setup your device.
Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 9
(5,700 Views)

Hello GerdW,

I'm discovering the DMM DLL, and I know (a bit) about LabVIEW and debugging step by step,
And before asking too many questions I read your answer so I started to search for the manual of my device,
But I must admit that so far I didn't find (still searching of course) a list of errors for the DMM6500 (specially error 1115 and 2710).
I'm sure that it's because I didn't look well, but if you are still active on this forum could you tell me were to find this list of errors ?

Hope you (and everybody reading this post) are well,
Thank you for your reading time and sorry for the silly question !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,182 Views)

Hi Bastiennn,

well, Tektronix manuals contained a list of error codes at the time I was using them…

When your manual does not contain a description of those errors you should contact the Tek support to let them explain their devices!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,175 Views)

Hello Bastiennn,

i don't find the error list either, but maybe you could contact Tek support in your country, i do solve my problem in this way.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,150 Views)

Thanks Ruician,
I managed to get some things right during my crusade against LabVIEW 😉

Resistance measure and export.png

Still a long way to go though.
I'm now stuck with the "save buffer.vi", so even if I manage to start the measure and see that the graph of defbuffer1 is being filled I cannot manage to get the data (for now at least).
I think there is something (a name or a string) somewhere that is bothering me.
Never this close to the goal 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,119 Views)