LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCS

Hi!!

Please Help me, I have DCS Module and Real Time Module, but when I creat Project and I want add "I/O SERVER", display me that "No I/O Server  Types Avalibale" and all dialog empty.

Some missing something??

Thank for you help!!

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,925 Views)

Hi qz6y7q

If you're getting the Add I/O Server option in LabVIEW but the dialog itself is empty, there are 2 most likely causes:

1) The DSC Module isn't licensed, and the evaluation period has expired. In this case, please make sure the Module shows up as either "Activated" or in evaluation in the NI License Manager (You can find it under the National Instruments folder in all programs).

2) The DSC Module was not properly installed. You can try repairing the installation by going to Installed Programs in Control Panel, going to National Instruments Software, and choosing to repair the DSC Module installation. You will need either the DVD you installed from, or the Downloaded installer for this.

If this doesn't solve the issue, could you include the following information:

- Which version of LabVIEW and DSC are you using?

- Are you trying to access the I/O Servers from the My Computer item in the project? Or from a Real-Time target?

- Have you ever been able to see the I/O Server dialog?

- Does this happen in only one computer or does it happen in several computers?

- Can you add pictures of what you're seeing on the dialog?

Regards.

Aldo H
Ingenieria de Aplicaciones
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,875 Views)

Am doing my project for alternative control to DCS using LabVIEW , i have designed  front panel and block diagram , give me suggestions to make a historical document regarding the running data...and also give me suggestion  to relate it with Hardware. I have designed the DCS for Reverse osmosis plant...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,817 Views)

Hi Prabha80.

If you have the DSC module, you can use shared variables and the citadel database to save your historical traces. I'm attaching a document that explains how to configure this:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372946c.pdf

Additionally, connecting to Hardware depends to the type of Hardware you have. If you have PLC's controlling the processes, you can use NI OPC Servers (or any OPC Server) to connect to your PLC: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7450/en

Additionally, there are drivers and interface cards for specific protocols (Ethernet/IP, Profibus, etc.) in case you need something more specific.

If you need more specific advice regarding your application, please tell me a little about it so I can give you more relevant information.

Aldo H
Ingenieria de Aplicaciones
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,795 Views)

I will attach my designed VI sir, Still i have idea to use picture ring , if you see my VI you will e able to understand my process...

Thanks for you reply ..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,780 Views)