LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB tools open connec.vi Invoke node connection string broken

I'm running an old version of LabVIEW (LV7.1) on my PC (I have no choice - I have to maintain this one application in this specific legacy version, due to maintiaining consistency with another plant running the same app).  Anyway, we are running it on a Win 7 (64-bit) Office 2010 PC. I'm gettting errors related to database connectivity, so I just created a new VI, just to take a look at the db connectivity by itself.  When I create a brand new VI, and just drop the DB Tools Open Connection.vi function into it, I get an error "SubVI 'DB Tools Open Connec (String).vi': subVII is not executable". After digging down, I get a "No properties" error on the Property Node.  If I click on the connection string, I get "No Properties".  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,168 Views)

I am trying to remember but i think in newer versions of Windows (especially 64bit), the ADODB library was modified, which broke all of the database VI's in older versions of LabVIEW.   I would recommend going back to an older version of Windows if you must continue using LV7.1

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,164 Views)