cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAqmx and IMAQ palettes are not shown in my LabVIEW 2011 palettes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I use LabVIEW at my University via a Campus License since 2005. I have it installed in several computers.

My problem is related to a new installation of LabVIEW on a brand new computer.

I have LAbVIEW 2011 Academic Site License just installed and validated (via Licence Manager) in this new machine running Windows Seven 64 bits.

I also installed the DAQmx and IMAQ drivers from the "February 2011 distribution" (downloaded from NI) as well as the NI Vision software (version for LabVIEW 2011, from the same distribution as the LabVIEW 2011).]

I launched LabVIEW ant checked to see if everything was there, specifically the DAQmx and IMAQ functions, since I have NI boards for performing data and image acquisition. Notice that I still haven`t installed these boards in the PC. I´m going to do it only when I would  have ensured that all the software is ok.

The DAQmx subpalette in the Measurement I/O functions palette is missing. 

Also, if I look for the NI IMAQ subpalettes in the Vision and Motion functions palette they are also missing.

Notice that all the other subpalettes in the Vision and Motion functions palette are OK and appear there (Vision Utilities, Image Processing, Machine Vision and Vision Express).

I then checked if the installed drivers are really there. For this I used the NI MAX (Measurement Explorer), and it looks like that everything all is there.

I mean, under NI MAX >> My System >> Software I can see there these items:

NI Vision Runtime 2011

NI-IMAQ 4.5

NI-DAQmx...several entries

I checked if the forum or knowledge base at NI have some hint on what to do, and I found somewhere there the suggestion of trying to repair the installation via Windows 7 Control Panel >> Programs and Resources >> NI Software.  I have done this procedure twice, just in case...

I also tried to remove and reinstall all the NI software (including drivers), and I have done it twice. The result is always the same.

Any suggestions ?

University of Sao Paulo
Polytechnic School of Engineering
Dept. of Electronic Systems
Message 1 of 5
(3,038 Views)

Hello!

Tell me, when you tried to reinstall the drivers, which version did you use?

Try to uninstall these drivers again and download one of the latest avaiable versions for all drivers.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2602/lang/en  (Note that you have to download two files, see the instructions)

Regards,

Barbara Pracek
Engenharia de Aplicações
National Instruments Brasil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,014 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JK-USP

When you install the drivers, are you including support for LabVIEW 2011?  If not, you will not see the LabVIEW VIs in your palettes even though the software is installed.  Normally I would expect that the installer will automatically add this support, but it may not have done so, especially if you installed the drivers prior to installing LabVIEW.  See image below:

App Dev Support.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,005 Views)

Thanks, 

that was very elucidative.

Maybe the drivers file  download was not complete, given that the LabVIEW support for IMAQ and DAQmx were missing when I tried to reinstall.

Following the other suggestion, I downloaded the Aug 2011 drivers and re-installed oce again the drivers and now it is working.

Thanks a lot !

University of Sao Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,992 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion.

It worked perfectly !

The LabVIEW support files were missing in the previous download and this led to the problem.

University of Sao Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,991 Views)