LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Sample Rate Coerced

Solved!
Go to solution

I am stuck and need help reducing my sample rate to read from 1 hz to 1000hz, When I adjust these numbers in my vi it gets coerced into 1612.90. I am using a cDAQ 9188 and a NI-9239 device to read analog voltage. How can fix my vi so that my Actual Data rate does not get coerced?

For vi Reference you can see this on the sample VI /examples/DAQmx/Analog Input/Voltage -Continuous Input.vi 

LabVIEW Developer / Sr Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,848 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Maestro_Sanchez

According to the manual the only available sample rates are

f(Sampling) = (12.8MHz/256)/ n = 50000/n

where n is an integer from 1 to 31. So the max sampling rate is 50kSa/s and the min sampling rate is 1612.9Sa/s. That is what you are stuck with.

mcduff

Message 2 of 6
(2,834 Views)

Thank you!

LabVIEW Developer / Sr Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,826 Views)

Your welcome

PS You can always low-pass filter and decimate your data after it has been collected at a higher rate.

mcduff

Message 4 of 6
(2,823 Views)

Hi , how to use the low-pass filter if i want sample the data in 100Hz with 9239.

Only have the cDAQ Slot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,684 Views)

Look in the Signal Processing Palette for Rational Resample. Look at the help for the function.

So in your case, collect data at higher sample rate, if you want 100 Samples/seconds as your decimated data rate, then you need to low pass filter your original data with a bandpass no greater than 50Hz, then decimate. The Rational Resample should do that for you.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,677 Views)