LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx DI read from a CTR on the same board, timing problem

I have two counter task, one is continuous pulse generation - frequency (counter0), which generation a PWM to drive a group LED. the other is finite samples pulse generation - time(counter1),  which gates the the counter0 to control when the and how long the LED lighte, by means of a reference trigger.  OK, It works well, I have used a oscilloscope to see them.

Then I want to use two digital input(DI), line Port0/line0 and Port0/line1, to monitor the counter0 and counter1, insteads of the oscilloscope.

The problem come, the DI task can't work. It(the DI task) dosen't record any data at all! I think it might lie in the DI task timing.VI. especially the sample clock source. I read some examples(1, 2 ) to study the multitask timing synchronization  and trigger. it give me some hints, which set me thinking choose the counter0 or counter1 sample clock as the DI sample clock source, maybe that could work, 

but I find there is no the choise in the pull down menu.

I'll very appreciate, if somebody give me some advices.

屏幕截图(28).png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,207 Views)

P.S. the DI task I used is a continuous sampling configure, and a time order is that I arrange that the   DI start before the counter0 start, and stop after the counter0 stop. Is it any mistake?屏幕截图(29).png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,195 Views)