LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmX does not show up in Labview 8.5

Solved!
Go to solution

History: Got sick of Vista and downgraded to XP SP2. Reinstalled Labview, Measurement Studio then DAQmX 9.4 (downloaded the latest from NI site).

Measurement Studio seems to load DAQmX tasks correctly although I am afraid to compile in case it trashes hours of work. I have no reason to trust that it won't.

Labview just does not recognize DAQmX. It doesn't show up in toolbox. Meas & Automation runs and talks to my USB-6212 so I guess that DAQ drivers must be installed and load properly. But Labview.... N/G. Is this version (DAQmX 9.4.0f1) not compatible with LV 8.5? I don't get it.

I have uninstalled DAQmX & reinstalled it with the same results (none). Please help.

Labview 8.5
Meas Studio 2008
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,295 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author walter-donovan

It looks like LV 8.5 tops out DAQmx version 9.3:

NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3
(2,284 Views)

Thank you. Thank you. I looked for compatibility data and there's just so much info to weed through, this table you linked to got away.

Labview 8.5
Meas Studio 2008
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,278 Views)