LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ output to "Array to spreadhseet string"

Please see attached and advice what I am doing wrong.  Cannot connect DAQ output to Array and write a file.  Thanks for any help you can provide.  This is in LabView 8.0.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(3,353 Views)

How about this?

(see atached)

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 25
(3,346 Views)
I was just wondering hy you have two while loops?
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
Message 3 of 25
(3,338 Views)

That VI makes no sense and RTSLVU, your answer does not either. The only thing that could possibly be saved is the very last iteration of the loop and only if the DAQ loop stops first. With the solution from RTSLVU, only one data point of the very last iteration would be saved.

Don't use two loops and if you want to save all of the data, just place the Write to Measurement File inside the loop. If you only want the last iteration, place the Write to Measurement File outside the main loop.

Message 4 of 25
(3,325 Views)
I am sales guy trying to help in my son's science project.  Not the ideal person for this.  He wants to record battery drain under load and capture the curve.  The drain is to go from fresh to less than 0.6 v in an hour or two.  He wants to generate data and record it to then plot voltage vs. time curves to compare the various battery types.  If anyone can help in this I would be really greatlful.  Also, any suggestions in dressing up the front panel will be greatly appreciate.  I understand if you don't have time.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(3,315 Views)
I would recommend modifying your data acquisition rate inside the DAQ assistant.  Right now you are collecting 100 samples at a rate of 1000 per second.  A hour test would accumulate 3.6 million data points.  That is way too much for monitoring a battery.  If you collected 1 sample at a 1 Hz rate, that would be 3600 samples.  Much more reasonable.  As an alternative, you could collect 10 samples at a 10 Hz rate and average the 10 samples together.  Then you would still have 3600 samples per hour, and the front panel display would update at a reasonable 1 second rate which would look plenty fast.
Message 6 of 25
(3,310 Views)
RTSLVU, what is the name of the icon to the right of the Double Precision Float icon?  Where do I find it?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(3,301 Views)
RTSLVU, will you please attach the VI file you show the jpg for?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(3,298 Views)

uncleje wrote:
RTSLVU, what is the name of the icon to the right of the Double Precision Float icon?  Where do I find it?  Thanks.

That is Build Array located on the array palette.  It is resize to just one input.  So it is taking a scalar value and buildling it into a 1-D array that has only 1 element in it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(3,277 Views)

You guys have been so helpful and I am amazed at your knowledge level.  I have revised my program using your inputs.  I have moved to one while loop and moved the report writing function outside the loop assuming that the report will be written once per Dennis' inputs, reduced the sampling size significantly per Ravens Fan's inputs and RTSLVU's inputs on getting rid of the connection errors. 

One question I have is shouldn't this not be a 2-D output i.e. Voltage vs. Time?  Please see attached and kindly offer any inputs you may have.  I will appreciate anything you can comment on in programming or dressing up the front panel.  My experience level with this is one month.  Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(3,258 Views)