LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ output to "Array to spreadhseet string"

Thank you very much.  We will try it out tonight and report.  Best.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(739 Views)
I am sorry I have not written in a while.  I have been out of town.  I tried the program just now and am getting several errors.  It starts off with "Cannot find file "Write to spreadsheet file (D??).vi.  Then when I cancel it and ignore item, it keeps opening a "Choose file to write" window and no matter what I type it keeps coming back.  Any thoughts?  Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(708 Views)

Are you talking about when you open the VI in LabVIEW, or when you are running your VI?

I am going to guess running.  Since there is no file path constant or control wired into the Write to Spreadsheet file, it is going to pop up a dialog asking you for the filename on every iteration of the loop.  Add a file path constant or control to that VI.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(703 Views)
This happens when I run it as you stated.  I will read up on what the two mean.  I did find a node on the top right of the icon "new path file" and created a constant.  Beyond that I don't know what to do yet.  I will also call NI to try to have them walk me through some of this stuff.  Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(695 Views)

No No No.

To the Top LEFT.  There is an input to tell it what file to save.  You can't wire a constant (or control) into the top right because that is an output of the spreadsheet VI.  It just puts out the file path either because you passed it through (by wiring it into the input at the top left) or because you had nothing or an empty file path wired to the top left, in which case it popped up a dialog to ask you what to save and will send that selection out.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 02-04-2010 11:31 PM
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(691 Views)