LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant code generation failing

Hello all, I am new to the community! I am currently using labview for a research project and have some external hardware (Ni 9203 module with a compact daq chassis) which require interfacing. I have wired up all the sensors and went to use the DAQ function in labview to interface the sensors into my program yet everytime I try to do so I get the error: "LabVIEW code generation failed to execute. This may occur if the code generation engine is not properly installed, or if you are using a labVIEW version under development." I am currently using LabVIEW full 2023 Q1 for the version. I had tried a "workaround" I found on one of these ni forums about downloading the 2021 sp1 runtime engine which I had tried, yet I still encountered the same error. How do I fix this? I thought all of this would be included in the LabVIEW Full development package, or do I have to play around with individual things in the package manager? I would appreciate any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(556 Views)

DAQ Assistant is buggy and does not perform well. Use the DAQmx API instead. Refer to the shipping examples at Help >> Find Examples... >> Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx

See Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications to learn more.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(508 Views)