cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ X serie

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

i'm currently an intern, and I've developed a data acquisition application with 6 parameters using the NI USB 6212 card for validation. My supervisor now wants an acquisition frequency of 80 kHz and asked me to look for cards with a higher sampling frequency. After some research, I found that the X Series DAQ cards are suitable for my application and fit into my budget.

I'd like to know if there would be too much difference compared to the NI USB 6212. I've looked at the documentation, but I'd like to be sure if I don't need any other configuration or code changes. These cards are expensive, and I don't have the right to make mistakes. Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(208 Views)

Hi ameletudiante,

@ameletudiante99 wrote:

I'd like to know if there would be too much difference compared to the NI USB 6212.

As long as you use DAQmx to handle an AI task you will not see "much difference". Infact the task will (most probably) run exactly the same, but you might reach higher sample rates and the samples might be measured at the same time for DAQ devices without a MUX…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(190 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ameletudiante99

Major Differences Between E Series, M Series, and X Series NI DAQ Devices

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos