cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ MX read error 201105

I am getting the following error message:

Error -201105 occurred at DAQmx Read (Analog 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:1
Possible reason(s):
Resource requested by this task has already been reserved by a different task with conflicting settings.
Unreserve any other tasks using this device, or change their settings to be compatible with this task.
Device: cDAQ1Mod4
Task Name: Cold In, Cold Out, Hot In, Hot Out, Hot Tank

Basically with this program I am trying to read 5 temperatures and send 2 4-20 mA output signals to control valves. This stems from a system where I had a student working on the programming, trying to implement PID control loops to the control valves. The computer kept freezing up (it is old and I think it is too slow to run the loops and needs to be replaced) so I am trying to revert to an old program that simply reads the values and displays them on the screen. It worked before we started trying to create the PID loops.

How do I know which "tasks" are using this device, and what settings need to be changed? I have looked at all of them in task manager and can read all but one of the temps there. I need to get this running in the next 24 hours so any advice is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,210 Views)

Can you post your code? It would be much easier to help. I would oiffer that you must be trying to read all these channes using their own read instead of reading them all at the same time or you are trying to read too many time or something like that.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,209 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,205 Views)

Mydy0325,

Although there are multiple reasons why Error -201105 would occur, two common ones are as follows:

1) You are running two tasks that are accessing the same timing engine on one device (e.g. two separate temperature tasks on one device).
2) You have a test panel in MAX open and running while trying to run a LabVIEW VI.

Were you doing either of these two when you received this error?

Regards,

Renee

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Regards,

Renée M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,165 Views)