From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant

I have created several VIs in Labview 8.2 that uses DAQ Assistant. My company moved from XP to Windows 7. When this happened we upgrades to Labview 12. I was able to successfully port all of the VIs into Labview 12. However, I can no longer open the DAQ Assistants to make changes. When I tried to create new VIs, the DAQ Assistants do not generate Inputs or Outputs. I have disabled my UAC, and also made sure that ActiveX was enabled. None of these things have helped. I was hoping to just recreate the control VIs because the olds ones work but can not be edited. And now I find I can not even create new controls.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,679 Views)

What version of DAQmx did you install?  Did you install it AFTER installing LabVIEW?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(2,672 Views)

I just installed v 9.3.5. That was the problem. When I did the install, I did not install the drivers. The controls were working, so I did not think about drivers. I had read some posts about corrupted drivers, so, I went to un-install them and found I did not have any. I will see if this fixes the problem. Thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,648 Views)

Well, that did not work. I am still unable to open the DAQ assistants and when creating new ones, they do not generate inputs or outputs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,636 Views)

So you do have DAQ Assistant on the palette right?  Do you have the other DAQmx VIs?  Create Task, Read, Write, etc.  What exactly happens when you drop it down on the block diagram?  Is there any errors? Broken arrow?  You say there are no inputs or outputs, could you take a screen shot?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,628 Views)

@Christopher503 wrote:

I just installed v 9.3.5.

That version of DAQmx is too old for LabVIEW 2012.  You have to have at least DAQmx 9.5.5.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,625 Views)