LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of a wireless dongle with myRIO 1950

hello guys, am just inquiring whether any one has ever tried connecting a wireless dongle to myRIO 1950. currently am working with this equipment but trying so hard to dodge cable connectivity. thanks

julius,

makerere university

ilabs@MAK, UGANDA

reply to kayjulio@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,930 Views)

@kayjulio wrote:

hello guys, am just inquiring whether any one has ever tried connecting a wireless dongle to myRIO 1950. currently am working with this equipment but trying so hard to dodge cable connectivity. thanks

julius,

makerere university

ilabs@MAK, UGANDA

reply to kayjulio@gmail.com

Maybe you could set up a wireless access point and then have the equipment plug into that?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,921 Views)

What kind of wireless dongle, you mean a Wifi device?  What is wrong with using the Wifi built into the myRIO?  Another company announced at NI week a MyHub device that adds more USB, and a physical ethernet connection to the myRIO.  I think the company was Stratom but I can't seem to find anything on it at the moment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,910 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

What is wrong with using the Wifi built into the myRIO?

The '1950 is the board only option, no WIFI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,902 Views)

I guess out of the box it can only do networking over USB, which is limiting.

I have a few very small USB dongles at home, but I am not sure how I can test them. I only have a 1900 myrio, which already does networking so I need to find a way to disable that....

In the meantime, have a look at this discussion, which seems to discuss the same problem. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,883 Views)