LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant seems to read wrong voltage / forgets channel setting

Hi LabVIEW Community!

I have an issue with my data acquisition.

I am doing some measurements with two sensors. Therefor I use a distribution box that is correctly connected to my NI USB 6563 device.

In the DAQ assistant I have set up everything correctly (virtual channel - physical channel, Terminal configuration, input range, acqusition mode etc.). I know because the measurement WORKED before.

If I then run the programm, my indicators will show a voltage that is basically equal to zero, although there should be a voltage around a couple V (I checked with the multimeter).

Here's what I already know:

- the USB Device gets the right voltage on the right channels (did the tests)
- the DAQ Assistant (if I run it in the setting mode) gets the right voltage on the right channel (did the run and had the different channels shown up in the display table)
- I also did the measurements manually (i.e. without an Express VI, only be reading the right channels). This still works.

Do you guys have any idea?

Best greetings,
Jakob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(239 Views)

You would need to provide the VIs that work and don't work so that we can compare.

On top of that, we would recommend ditching DAQ assistant. Use DAQmx API instead. See Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications. You can start from DAQmx Examples in LabVIEW

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 2
(165 Views)