Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing string control looks

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to customize a string control and make it look something like this:

yadavankit9999_0-1627039556503.png

Someone please tell me how can I do this or something like using an imported image and set it as a decal (as we do to customize buttons) for string control and make the corners round.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Ankit Yadav

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,705 Views)
Solution
Accepted by yadavankit9999

Hi Ankit,

@yadavankit9999 wrote:

Someone please tell me how can I do this or something like using an imported image and set it as a decal (as we do to customize buttons) for string control and make the corners round.

Use a classic simple string control and paint it transparent. Then place it over your graphics…

Is there anything special about this image? Do you need any special behaviour?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,674 Views)

Thanks for the idea, GerdW

I just want to make my front panel more attractive and at the end of the string control, I can create a button(with string control itself) using event structure and get the coordinates of that part, and then using case structure and all.

I know the rest of the part but can you please explain a little about painting something transparent. The steps to do so will help a lot.

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Ankit Yadav

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,645 Views)

Edit: Ignore my comment. Sorry

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,630 Views)

Hi Ankit,

@yadavankit9999 wrote:

I know the rest of the part but can you please explain a little about painting something transparent. The steps to do so will help a lot.

Use the paint tool (brush) and select "transparent" color. Now paint the string control! (I recommend the simple classic string control as it is much easier to paint...)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,605 Views)

Thanks for this again, GerdW

Just help me with one last thing, that how can I import an image in the front panel such that I can control its position using property nodes as we can control for string controls. I tried to simply drag it to the front panel, but then I was unable to control its position.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Ankit Yadav

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,586 Views)

Hi Ankit,

use a 2DPicture indicator. Or customize a button to show your image...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,575 Views)