cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Waveform Graph Control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have created a custom waveform graph for a potential application at work and have run into a slight hitch.

I have added custom images to the Cursor, Zoom and Pan graph palette buttons but don't seem to be able to change the Zoom buttons sub images. (see image)zoom_icons.png

Could any one tell me how to change the images of these controls? 

I'm trying to convince my boss that nice displays can be made in LabVIEW and don't want to fall at the last hurdle.

Thanks for looking,

Iain

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,964 Views)

Hi Goomba,

create your own zoom menu using a PictRing…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,956 Views)

Hi Gerd,

thanks for replying!
How would i go about doing that?

I get how to make the pictring but not to sure how to get that to display rather than the default one.

cheers,

Iain

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,946 Views)

Hi Goomba,

hide the original zoom palette. Place your own button instead. Show the PictRing when the user clicks your button…

Unfortunately there seems to be no property to set the zoom mode of the graph, so it doesn't help to replace the zoom palette by your own controls. And AFAIK you cannot customize the zoom palette…

(You might create your own zoom feature using cursors or right-click menus.)

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 12
(2,927 Views)

Hello again,

It seems a bit stupid that the zoom pallet cannot be edited.

I guess that i am stuck using the default then!

hopefully NI will change this in future.....

I wonder if I found wherever the zoom pallet is located and changed it that would work? i guess the change would filter to all items that use the zoom pallet but that may not be a bad thing! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,904 Views)

Not an answer to your question, but here's some reference material for customizing controls/indicators.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Custom-Button-Nugget/td-p/1564566?profile.language=en

https://www.ieee.li/pdf/viewgraphs/creating_quality_uis_with_labview.pdf

In regards to the zoom feature, you can create a "mouse wheel" event and zoom in/out to the mouse coordinates based on some rules you set (rate at which the axes limits change with mouse wheel movement).  Not the same thing, but it can be handy.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,900 Views)

Hi Proland,

Thanks for the link.

I've already got pretty good at customizing my controls to get the look and feel that i am trying to achieve, it's just the graph zoom pallet that i am struggling with as there is no option to change the images in this pallet.

I'll have a look into zoom on mouse wheel and see if i can achieve what i want to do that way, although this will probably give me the headache of people accidentally zooming in/out.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,891 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Goomba79

There is a property that sets zoom mode: "Palette:active tool": http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372614J-01/lvprop/grphchrt_paletteactivetool/

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 8 of 12
(2,852 Views)

Thanks thols,

for correcting me.

I didn't expect to find "zoom options" behind "Palette: Aktives Tool"…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,846 Views)

Hi Thols,

That's really handy to know!

Now i can create the PictRing as Gerd suggested! thanks!

Iain 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,835 Views)