From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom file name when saving

When my program creates a report, I want to save it as a serial number defined in the report.  I want to use the MS Office Report Express VI to do this but unfortunately it only allows you to save the file name as a time/date and/or incremental number.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,641 Views)

You can pass in the file name that you want to save the data to.  Why not build up your own file path?  The Build Path primitive will be helpful here.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,640 Views)

Unfortunately you cannot input a path to the MS office express VI... 😞 Otherwise I would use the build path function.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,636 Views)

Check again.  There should be a path input (at least it is there on my machine).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,589 Views)

Hi jiliu317,

Please check the Configure Options of MS Office Report Express VI ,you will find a "Report Destination" set it to save to file,then you will find "Configure file save options" button will be highlighted and enabled.Press it and you will find many options including file name..

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,580 Views)