From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor to indicate a plateau

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I have a trapezoidal force trajectory and have a Cursor.PosX which is supposed to indicate the end of the plateau and have been told to create an Active Cursor to indicate the beginning of the plateau. I am a true beginner and am being led through this with few instructions. I am using labview 2017. I'm sure its relatively simple but I haven't found an answer in my searches on search engines, this forum, and the stickys here. I have attached my vi. Please let me know if I can answer any questions or if you have some good resources for beginners!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobKnight

Your VI is broken because you have an unwired terminal.

You need to wire a constant into Active Cursor to tell it which cursor you want to make active.  You should also put the active cursor line on that property node above the Cursor.PosX property.  Property nodes execute from the top to the bottom.  You need to tell it which cursor you want to make active before you request the PosX data from it.

You should put a small wait function in that loop so it isn't burning up your CPU doing the same calculations as fast as ti can.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

Message 2 of 3
(1,821 Views)

I see thank you! I was able to make a few more steps and I think I have something that works or me now. And thanks for the resources, I'll be getting into these one of these weekends.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,785 Views)