LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor label offset units should be in pixels

It seems to me that the units for the cursor label offset should be in pixels, but it turns out that they are in the units of the graph axis.  This makes sense for the cursor itself but the label should be position relative to the cursor handle and that would have to be in pixels.
Is there something I am missing in my understanding of how this should work?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,851 Views)
Hello,

I'd like to help you - a few more details will help:

1. which version of LabVIEW are you using?
2. what is the precise name of the property you are setting?

If you can, attach a simple piece of code with a screenshot showing the property selection/assignment.

We should be able to determine if you're missing something, or if you're observing behavior as it's intended.

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,839 Views)
I am using LV8.2 and the property is within the cursor list array and is called 'label offset'. I have managed to make it work in my application, but as I originally stated it seems that the units of this property should be in pixels not the axis units that the cursor is attached to. My reasoning is that the cursor label should maintain a fixed visual distance from the cursor and that distance should be pixels.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,833 Views)
Ok, I'm right with you 🙂

I see the same behavior - at this point, this is a good product suggestion.  This is one of few opportunities customers have to send feedback to R&D directly.

Click the "feedback" link in the lower left of the Contact NI page (you can link there off of ni.com).

Best Regards.

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,820 Views)
Hi, I have also noticed the new "LabelOffset" property nodes are quite useful. I spent some time to figure out how these offsets work. Please see the attached VIs. "LV85_LabelOffset_position" is the main VI, and the other is a subVI. The offset is not purely the graph pixel, but also related to the offset and multiplier of both the X and Y axes.

John

Message Edited by John Li on 09-17-2007 08:46 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,649 Views)