cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current value table (CVT) download issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

I have issues using the VIPM (not able to connect to LV). I tried a lot of stuff to be able to use VIPM again (it was working previously, maybe some windows update changed anything). NOTE: I do not use windows firewall! The other firewall was not updated since the last time VIPM was working.

VI server settings.PNG

What I am asking for. Is there another way to install the package manually?

If not, maybe you have some advice how to get VIPM working again.

Kind regards

Slev1n

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,819 Views)

Try changing the ports for VI Server in both LabVIEW and also in VIPM - they need to match and usually should be unique for each version of LabVIEW (so they don't conflict). If you have another application that uses your VI server port - that will also prevent VIPM from connecting (only one application can listen on any given port address at a time). There's a page on troubleshooting VIPM/LabVIEW connection problems here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/88275613105A4E7286257A5B00720DA1

I recently found out (although I've never tried it), that you can change the file extension to .zip and open it with your favourite zip tool - you should find the files for the package in there. Note that it probably won't install the palette menus etc. for you if you do it this way (maybe if you put them in the right places?).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,804 Views)

Hi Slev1n,

normally that is a configuration thing with your VI server ports on one ore both sides. Please confirm that the LabVIEW version you are trying to install to has a different port from other LabVIEW versions (each version number and 32/64 version should have a unique port)

If that doesnt work please provide the following information:

- MAX software screenshot with all LabVIEW versions installed

- a VI server configuration screenshot of every LabVIEW version installed

- a screenshot of the VIPM port configuration

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,760 Views)
Yes you can install packages manually. Just change vip to zip and you are good to go. You'll find the files inside the archive.

You will also have to sort out the dependences manually.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 8
(3,732 Views)

Thanks for the answers,

I only have LabVIEW 2013 f2 installed, but Run Time Engines from 2011 up to 2014. I think that is not the problem.

I checked the ports in the VIPM and it is the same as the one in LabVIEW configured.

Interesting is, that in VIPM the connection status (the row next to the Port number) is Yes, but if I click verify, it doesnt work, same error again when it tries to connect to LabVIEW.

VIPM VI server.PNG

Now I try to install manually.

All VIs in user.lib and where do I have to put the mnu files?

kind regards

Slev1n

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,700 Views)
You don't necessarily have to put them anywhere. They are there as a convenience.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,691 Views)

What happens when you click the 'Verify' button?

Does it launch LabVIEW? If yes, then it's probably a VI Server configuration issue (port in use by another application or LabVIEW instance e.g. a project or the environment settings) or if it takes longer than 120s to show the splash screen you might need to increase the time-out. I've increased mine to 300.

If it doesn't launch LabVIEW...I'm not sure. Contact JKI or read through the troubleshooting page that was linked earlier.

(I would be trying to fix VIPMs connection to LabVIEW, rather than manually installing every package I needed)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 7 of 8
(3,686 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Slev1n

Hey guys,

I was now able to "verify" it and I guess I will now be able to install via VIPM.

What I was changing:

- 300 seconds timeout (although it is definitly faster so I dont think this was the solver)

- adding an asterix *  under machine access. This was actually my first change and I would have sworn, that it is already in the allowed list, but I checked my picture from this thread and it wasnt there. Maybe I entered but closed the options window in LabVIEW the wrong way 🙂 So this is my favourite in the solution.

- changing the port on VIPM side and VI server side to 3367

Well, I just tried installing "arduino toolkit" and it works 🙂

thanks for your help guys!!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,650 Views)