From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating custom user item menus for an a FP object within a cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a front panel object for which I want to create user item menu that shows up upon right mouse click. The problem is: This works fine if the object is not within a cluster, once I place the object within  a cluster, it doesn't . I need to have this object within a cluster. Any ideas how I can fix this ? (Get the user item menu to work while object is part of a cluster?)

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,185 Views)

Works fine for me.

In other words, you're doing it wrong.

In other words, post some code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,145 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blessedk

Wiebe@CARYA, You are absolutely right about the fact that it should work, but i don’t believe that a code is required to do this. I don’t use a code, did you have to write a code?

Anyways I found yesterday that that particular control was unintentionally disabled. That clears this up Thanks 

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,126 Views)

@blessedk wrote:

Wiebe@CARYA, You are absolutely right about the fact that it should work, but i don’t believe that a code is required to do this. I don’t use a code, did you have to write a code?

For future reference: simply creating a cluster with a control, and then editing the menu of that control, will give that control the menu. No coding required.

@blessedk wrote:

Anyways I found yesterday that that particular control was unintentionally disabled. That clears this up Thanks 

That would indeed prevent the menu from working...

Message 4 of 4
(2,093 Views)