cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating custom controls

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,

i use labview to control test rigs but normaly lay out the UI like a windows program with buttons, indicators, controls graphs etc....

But "they" want the UI to be a process diagram which can be used to control and monitor stuff. Fine.   However i have created custom controls by modifying the true/false images on radio buttons.

They work great when the program isn't running, i.e true gives one picture, click on it and the picture changes, great.  But when i run the software as soon as i move my mouse over the control it shows its default image e.g. a radio button, if i click then move the mouse off it shows the image its supposed to but how can i stop it showing the radio button on a mouse over ?

See attached images.

Thanks, Zac

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,545 Views)

Did you modify system controls when creating these buttons? Radio buttons are essentially grouped booleans If so, system control booleans have 6 states I believe, not the standard 4 states which LabVIEW buttons have. In these 6 there is a mouse-over state (mouse over true and mouse over false). You will want to import the same image for the mouse over true state as the true state when you customize the control. Same for the false and mouse over false states. That way when there is a mouse over, and it puts the control into that state, it will show the same image rather than a different one.

Message 2 of 6
(3,533 Views)

Hi,

i used a boolean radio button, with only true/false states, in the import image from clip board bit theres only decal, true, false.

I will try with a different type of button but i think it will be the same as this is a boolean anyway.

Cheers, Zac

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,506 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zac_Acal

You can find a good video tutorial on how to create system buttons over at the JKI forums. For your particular use you may want to look at the DSC Module, as that has the controls you seem to be wanting to use.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,505 Views)

Yea, i talked to NI about the DSC module, and it costs over £2000 and you have to pay a £650 licence everytime you deploy a program (just for some sodding images) (it comes with an opc server but i have my own, and you cant buy it without). (Dick Turpin is alive and well)

I tried using a standard ok button and the same thing happens, in the customise bit you can change the true and false image but you cant change the mouseover image. And every time i move my mouse over it shows the original button image.

Thanks, Zac

I will have a look at the jki thing now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,499 Views)

Thanks for that,

the video is great, it shows how to go in to edit mode and change the mouseover states.

Thanks,. Zac

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,489 Views)