From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an exe file - Help please

Hello everyone. I will be graduating soon and looking to start something of my own. I want to invest in labview but the prices are so high that I want to make sure of every little detail before investing.

I have never seen any labview exe file up to now and very curious to see one and how it looks. I have prepared a VI with my student edition 2011 software and would like to ask if someone will be willing to make an exe out of it on a 32 bit machine (as I have read that 32 bit exe will work on both 32/64 bit wondows but 64 bit exe will only work in 64 bit machine.)

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,695 Views)

I would at least buy the developer license so you can take advantage of the self-paced training - hint, hint.  Oh, and I would also recommend the LabVIEW Style Book or at least LabVIEW for Everyone.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,664 Views)

Thanks Bill. I spoke to them yesterday about the minimum cost to create exe. I asked them if I can buy APP builder and make it work with my existing labview. They said APP builder will not work with student version and I will have to buy atleast the basic version + App builder. I am sure basic version will not be enough as I believe you don't have events etc in basic version which are some of very useful tools. So, finally I will have to make a jump towards the deep end and possibly make a sound investment towards full version. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,657 Views)

Well, I invested in the development license and I found the training to be the most valuable aspect of the whole package.  I think that, before you even start thinking about building executables, you should be sure of your basics.  Oh, and spend lots of time here.  That's probably the best training you can get!  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,653 Views)

What do you mean you invested in 'development license'? You mean getting certified? or is it some version of Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,646 Views)

I bought the LabVIEW Development package for use at home.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,644 Views)

I am sorry to ask you more questions but this has confused me a bit. I searched for 'Labview development package', I landed on a page offering full development package with Application builder as option!! and I get student discount too!!

I was told I cannot have app..builder unless I buy at non-academic prices. If I buy this - Will the license expire after I graduate?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,638 Views)

@lsbu wrote:

I am sorry to ask you more questions but this has confused me a bit. I searched for 'Labview development package', I landed on a page offering full development package with Application builder as option!! and I get student discount too!!

I was told I cannot have app..builder unless I buy at non-academic prices. If I buy this - Will the license expire after I graduate?

YAY on the student discount!!!  If it's the full dev package, you get a few days of trial app developer, too - and that can be extended to a month, I think.  The SSP that comes with your license should be good for a year.  Your LabVIEW license is good forever.  🙂  This is assuming we are talking about the same package.  Call up a saleperson - they are super helpful.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,634 Views)

🙂 Thanks a lot for useful information. Here is the link to the package I am looking at: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/2454#productlisting I will speak to someone again tomm as well to clarify.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,628 Views)

@lsbu wrote:

🙂 Thanks a lot for useful information. Here is the link to the package I am looking at: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/2454#productlisting I will speak to someone again tomm as well to clarify.

Yeah, that's it!  Excellent.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,612 Views)