cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Array based on Max and Min

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I found a somewhat similar thread, but it didn't answer my question. 

I am building a Vi that will simulate a cyclone running at different inlet volumes. I need to generate a series of inlet volumes based on a user-input of max, min, and interval/step. This data needs to be used for both the calculations and the x-scale of a graph. What is the easiest way to do this? I could have the user specify each data point, but that only works if the user only wants like 10 data points. I need to be able to say, start at 0 and increment by 1 to 900. I know how to do this in matlab, but I can't figure it out in labview. 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,715 Views)

Use the Ramp Pattern function.

EDIT: Had posted a picture of a VI that I had for 8.2 that calculated the delta based on a start/stop/step inputs. However, in LabVIEW 2010 the Ramp Pattern has an alternative version that you can specify it by delta.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,711 Views)

I'm using Labview 7.1 express, which is old but we already have it. I can't find that particular vi, I don't think it was included in our version of the software. Is there a way I can add it, or do I have to use an alternate method?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,700 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pirates712

It's still there. Even back in LabVIEW 7.1 the functions palette had a search capability. Did you try it?

With 7.1 if you want the inputs to be start/stop/step then you can do something like this (the icon for the Ramp Pattern VI will look different for 7.1):

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,686 Views)

Woohoo! Thank you! I was trying to search for it using the vi help tool. It kept coming up with a "could not find page" message. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,681 Views)