LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a string of bits to send out through VISA Serial questions, complete noob here...

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi cayenne,

oh praise the wonders of FormatIntoString with some nice choosen format string:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 21 of 29
(982 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

cayenne,

I am not sure what you are expecting that you are not getting. The bytes are there. The bits are ordered with the least significant bit on the left. Since 127 has seven 1s the eighth bit is a zero.  It is there because averything is done in 8-bit bytes.

Lynn

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I thought that by using the array subset, starting at 0 and grabbing 8 for the length, that I would have grabbed  TTTFFFFT    at probe 23, from the full boolean array at probe 22 which was TTTFFFFTTTTTTTTFTTTTTTTF....

Thank you,

C

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(968 Views)

Hi cayenne,

Well, I thought that by using the array subset, starting at 0 and grabbing 8 for the length

Index and length of what? You only set inputs for the row section of ArraySubset, so you took an array subset of 8 rows starting at index 0. As you didn't limit the columns (!) you got full rows. It's all as you programmed it to be...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 23 of 29
(949 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi cayenne,

Well, I thought that by using the array subset, starting at 0 and grabbing 8 for the length

Index and length of what? You only set inputs for the row section of ArraySubset, so you took an array subset of 8 rows starting at index 0. As you didn't limit the columns (!) you got full rows. It's all as you programmed it to be...

D'oh!!

Ok, I guess from looking at the results from the probe, they way it is displayed, I was mistakenly thinking 1D array was coming into the array subset...but it  is a 2D array....

I'm not on the LV machine, but I'll try this at home...I need to somehow tell the Array Subset something like (0,0) to grab the first row, and then (0,8) for grabbing the full row.....

I'll try that this evening.

Thank you for the replies!!

cayenne

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(937 Views)

Ok, thank you, I think that did it!!!

I think I can move on and now send and receive and parse out what is coming in successfully.

Thank you to everyone for your patience and HELP on this!!

Cayenne

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(925 Views)

Hi there,

I am trying to create a sequence of bits of the orginal signal and I wana do the same thing for the PN bit stream so then I wana make a function to multipy these two toghter to make the output spreading singal. How I can do this????

I am trying for couple of weeks and I did not what I m looking for

Anyone can asnwer me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very urgent issue

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(879 Views)
Wafa,

You have hijacked an old and unrelated thread. It would be better to start a new thread with some details and a clearer explanation of what you are trying to do. I don't know what you mean by PN or output spreading signal. Please attach whatever code you have written.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(874 Views)

I meant Pesudo Noise (PN) and I meant by spreading spectrum that by using number of bits which will multipy with the orgignal signal in order to make the bandwidth wider.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(861 Views)
Then your post is way off-topic and you should start a new thread.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(858 Views)