From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Statistical Process Control Chart (SPC)..... X-Bar

Could I please have some hints and/or examples about how to create SPC charts with LabVIEW? Specially for X-bar... how could I create it from Scratch? Thanks in advance for the time and consideration regarding this matter.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,353 Views)
The thing to remember is that SPC was originally implemented during World War II so we are not talking high-tech here. In fact SPC was originally designed to be done using nothing more than graph paper and a pencil. Given that, it's vitally important that you know about how the process works. Therefore my recommendation is to find a book on SPC and read it. This book will tell you not just how to create the various plot types, but what they do and how. An excellent book I can recommend is:

Understanding Statistical Process Control, Wheeler and Chambers, SPC Press, 2nd edition, 1992, ISBN 0945320132

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,342 Views)

There is an SPC toolkit for labview. Could be hidden on one of your install cd's.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/10697

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,333 Views)
Mike,

Thanks for the book recommendation, Indeed it is a good book. However I do not know how to do this in Labview...... I don't know what approach to take.... I've done this in Excel but in LabVIEW I don't know what route to take (I'm new with Labview) How would you approach it? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,246 Views)
The SPC Toolkit contains X-bar functions. the toolkit is part of the Enterprise Connectivity Toolkit but is also sold separately for U$495. At that price, it's a bargain since you would require more than a couple of days to write and debug your own code.
Message 5 of 11
(6,235 Views)
SPC will provide clues for your process optimization. The SPC toolkit is more robust and good for industrial view.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,216 Views)
SPC will provide clues for your process optimization. The SPC toolkit is more robust and good for industrial view.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,215 Views)
Basically, do it the same in LV as you would with pencil and paper. The math is very simple and the plots are not hard to generate. It took me a couple hours to write the code for your basic SPC operations - I would send it to you but I don't have it with me where I am right now...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,202 Views)
Thank you All for your suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,188 Views)

hello mikeporter

could you send this code to me. I want to study it .thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,611 Views)