From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Matrix

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

Seems like a simple solution but my simple mind is confused.

Have an x value array and y value array (posiyion data) and a z matrix of data associated with each x,y pair. Would like to present and save this data in a specific format, i.e. x-values horizontally across the top of the matrix, y values vertically arranged on the left.  Z-matrix data is then placed under each x,y position (think excel spreadsheet).  I will then save the generated matrix as a .csv file for opening and further analysis later.

Xo, Yo should either be empty or padded with a zero.

Tried several things but somehow just missing the procedure.

Any help available?

Thanks,

Chris 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,590 Views)

If by "matrix"* you actually mean a 2D array of data with visible row and column headers this is very easy.  Just use a table control.  Make the Row and Column Headers visible and fill them with your X and Y array data and then fill the table with your 2D array of "Z-matrix" data.  

To try it out just drop a table down and right click to make the headers visible.  Then use property nodes to fill in the headers and data.

*If you're actually working with mathematical matrices there is the matrix control and the Linear Math palette. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,563 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bonnerupc

Something like this?

build headers.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,558 Views)

Thanks!! exactly what I wanted.

0 Kudos