From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating DSC executables

Hello,

I'm having some problems creating an executable that using the DSC. I've created a simple VI that just calls the user login dialog and then checks for the login status. It all works fine under LabView but when I compile it into an executable and run it, it fails to work. The login dialog does not appear and I'm getting an error 7, "Open VI Reference in NI SEC Start.vi->NI SEC Interactive User Info.vi->LoginDemo.vi" from the NI SEC Interactive User Info vi

I've read the document on compiling DSC exes but I must have missed something!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,701 Views)
Just one idea: did you put the exe in the LV DSC Runtime directory? You can't run an exe with dsc from somewhere else in the filesystem.
Message 2 of 4
(4,694 Views)
Thanks for the reply.

I don't have the DSC runtime installed, only the LabView Prof. Control edition with the DSC toolkit. It seems to work if I copy all my files to the main \Program Files\National Instruments\LabView 7.1 folder where there is a DSCEngine.exe file. Surely there must be a better way to test my programs other than copying everything each time to this folder?

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,693 Views)

@Mike-g wrote:
I don't have the DSC runtime installed, only the LabView Prof. Control edition with the DSC toolkit. It seems to work if I copy all my files to the main \Program Files\National Instruments\LabView 7.1 folder where there is a DSCEngine.exe file. Surely there must be a better way to test my programs other than copying everything each time to this folder?

Hi,

there isn't any other method to test that I'm aware of. But I think just copying it to the LabVIEW directory isn't the best test either. It's even better to copy onto a computer without anything of LabVIEW installed but the DSC Runtime Engine. Most of the problems I experienced which occured after compilation in the exe were due to wrong pathnames so it's better not to test the exe on the development computer only...

Cheers,
Carsten
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,671 Views)