From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/Simulate a running signal from datapoints out of a spreadsheet or Excel File

I would autoindex in a FOR loop for outputting your data.  Then have that inside of a While loop so that you can select which row to output.  Only read the file before the main loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 13
(936 Views)

Thank you very much crossrulz, I understand the way you did it, its way better then mine :).

The endgoal should be to create a SubVI with one output like a DAQ that acquires data from a running process, so I can just replace my SubVI with the DAQ when integrating the monitoring software into the process. When I create a SubVI of the code it doesn't work anymore. I don't get why. Are there some more steps needed to achieve the painted SubVI?

SubVI.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(923 Views)

Well, if you are doing it with a subVI, you should not have the loop.  All the subVI should do is read the file and output the desired row.  That would be the equivalent to a single DAQmx Read.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(895 Views)