LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Installer with Options

Solved!
Go to solution

I know you can add additional installers when you build an installer for your exe.

But is it possible to have a dialog to select installers? For example, would you like to install the TDM excel add-on, or would you like to install the Win10 GUI etc.

Thanks

Cheers,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,091 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mcduff

So this isn't possible with NI's installers.  But what I have done in the past is used Inno Setup (using ISTool as a helper) that can make a single installer, that then runs other installers, based on the user's selection.  It works pretty well, but getting the individual installers from NI can be a pain, and knowing what dependencies are on what makes things more difficult.  In the end I usually have multiple installers from NI, and I just run one or another based on user selection, but that of course creates lots of duplicate files, and makes the installer balloon since installers are essentially duplicated.

There isn't a good solution, but there are some solutions.  Since your situation sounds more simple I bet you can get away with it where it runs your main full installer, and then optionally installs the TDMS add on.

Message 2 of 4
(3,083 Views)

Thanks. That's what I thought, but figured it would not hurt to ask anyways.

Cheers,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,078 Views)

Honestly the Inno Setup stuff isn't bad, and it is free, but there aren't any good LabVIEW focused examples or tutorials.  I know of a few LabVIEW people that use it with great success, but the time invested in learning something new, and troubleshooting is non-trivial.

Message 4 of 4
(3,064 Views)