From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy files from 3 folders to a backup folder

I want to copy files from 3 folders to a backup folder. But I need to design the code in such a way, there are 2 options. 1st option is All data i.e from all 3 folders. 2nd option is Defined data i.e if I click defined data, I can select one of the folders. So how do I do this. The copy part is ok. I have done a detailed backup program to copy files. But that is with one folder. I need to modify it to do the above. I am currently struggling with the first option. How will I give 3 folders to a list folder. Because in my backup program the 1st part is a list folder. That is part I am struggling now. When that is done, second option comes which is how to do something that lets u select a folder when u run the program. Please I need help with this. If anyone could help me, give me some ideas that would be helpful. There are actually 2 more options called data older than and data younger than. But primarily I am trying to do the first two options. Thanking You.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,791 Views)

Hi vindsan,

if I click defined data, I can select one of the folders

Then you need to create an UI with the possibility to select the folder. I prefer to use Listboxes for applications like these…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,778 Views)

Thank You. But I still need help with first option. Is there any way to do that. So far I have thought of a idea like this. To keep the the three folder paths in a cluster, convert the cluster to an array, take the array size, which is obviously 3, give the array size to a for loop to run it 3 times and unundle the cluster inside the loop to get the 3 paths. Now I need a way to execute each of these paths one by one as the loop increments. I need something like inside the loop, as the loop iterates the first time, path 1 from the unbundle cluster gets executed, then in 2nd iteration path 2 and finally in 3rd path 3. I am not getting any idea. If you have any idea please help me. If u think this idea of mine is wrong, u can also suggest some better idea. Thanking You.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,748 Views)

You are over complicating it - LabVIEW will very simply do what you request:

ClustertoArray.png

The sequence structure isn't required - it's just so you can see that the auto-indexing tunnel is returning a single path.

This is pretty basic LabVIEW so I suggest having a look at some training materials.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 4 of 5
(2,739 Views)

Thank You Very Much. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,726 Views)