LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinated Move of Linear and Rotational Axis using SoftMotion

So I have a rotation axis (with an arm mounted to it of a fixed length) that is mounted to a linear axis both of which are currently being controlled with a cRIO-9030 and Kollmorgen AKD drives. I currently have a VI that will control each drive individually using Motion References and Property Nodes that was written by another user. I am new to SoftMotion but am pretty experienced at LabView. I would like to add some functionality to the VI that will allow me to coordinate the motion between both the linear and rotational drives so that the tip of the arm will move in a straight line perpendicular to the linear axis. What I mean is, the rotational axis has a range from 0-90 degrees and so the linear axis would need to follow a path of L*sin(alpha) while the rotational arm moves at a constant speed from 0 to 90, with L being the arm length and alpha the angle of the rotational axis. The linear axis has a 30mm/rev gear ratio and the rotational axis is direct drive. I've looked at a bunch of different possible ways of doing this but, being so new to SoftMotion, have no idea where to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should begin or a particular example that will do what I need?

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,184 Views)

Hi Kyle,

For multiple Axis movement you will need to create a Coordinate Space. You can pass the coordinate space resource as a wire just like you would a single axis. From there you should be able to play around with the arc move and contour move express VIs.

TyVo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,141 Views)