LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Controls to Silver

You can use this to simplifiy conveting controls in a VI to the silver style.

Message 1 of 12
(6,336 Views)

A much improved version.  Unfortunately Undo/Redo doesn't work most of the time; something is deleting the transactions, ans I haven't figured out what.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,267 Views)

Now with undo/redo working (and a few other enhancements & bug fixes).

Getting the undo/redo to work required some terribly kudgey code to replace the 'GetImage' method.

Message 3 of 12
(6,236 Views)

Have you placed this on the Community pages at all? If not, consider creating a document in the User Interfaces interest group.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,232 Views)

What are the community pages?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,197 Views)
Go to the NI Developer Zone and find the Community pages there.
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,186 Views)

Bugs fixed:

Controls on tab controls were not showing up in the list

With clusters that had autosizing turned on, the positions of the controls inside were being corrupted

Enhancements:

Save button

Save As button

Message 7 of 12
(6,151 Views)

This has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen done in labview.  Honestly this kind of stuff should be baked into labview whenever they add new versions of controls.  Thanks for your hard work, we love it!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,649 Views)

Very neat congradulations on your work.  I think it should be mentioned that there are several Private functions used in this.  While this doesn't mean bad things will happen, just know that the functionality of these methods may change without warning between versions, and you won't get support from NI if  your application uses this and has problems.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,637 Views)

I've also got this Silver Conversion Tool for Quick Drop that isn't quite as automated, but is still pretty handy. The only private functionality it calls is setting the FXP type info on Fixed-Point numerics. In the tool posted above, the Get Property/Set Property stuff is clever, but quite susceptible to being affected by changes in LabVIEW between versions.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,619 Views)