LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert transfer function to system model

Solved!
Go to solution

There is a convenient "SI Convert to Transfer Function of CDT.vi" in the system identification toolkit, but is there a VI to go in the other direction? I have used the system id tools to estimate the TF of my system, but I would like to compare it to basic first order system response to my real stimulus data.

I can build a first order TF using the "CD create 1st order model.vi" but I don't know how to then turn this into a continuous system model into which I can plug in my real data.

I am able to construct a system model using the "SI create system model.vi" but it is a polynomial model, if there is a way to coax this into the form of a basic 1st order exponential, that would be a great solution as well.

(I'm experienced with LV, but my control theory is rusty and I'm totally new to the CD and SI modules - so I apologize if this is a silly question) 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,912 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author doctorit7

Hi,

You can use SI Create Partially Known Continuous Transfer Function Model (1st Order).vi and SI Estimate Partially Known Continuous Transfer Function Model (1st Order SISO).vi to estimate a 1st Order TF, in which the parameters are defined as in CD create 1st Order Model.vi

Message 2 of 3
(2,896 Views)
Perfect, thanks! (I don't know how I managed to miss those!)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,875 Views)