From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert string to boolean help

No I didn't, by the time I got the email I was away from my workstation. I will use the code, and keep you posted!!! Do you have a link for tutorials for basics???

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(472 Views)

I was able to execute using the VI, I built yesterday. But I can change the timeout...

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(471 Views)

Also, can I build the VI to connect to multiple devices with serial connections?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(470 Views)

@Manny904 wrote:

Also, can I build the VI to connect to multiple devices with serial connections?

Yes.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(466 Views)

@Manny904 wrote:

Do you have a link for tutorials for basics???

• Look at the learning resources listed at the top of this forum.
  • Look at the examples and design templates that ship with LabVIEW.
  • Study the help pages.
  • Search this forum.
  • Write small test programs for anything that's not clear and study the behavior.
  • Practice!
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(459 Views)

I'm trying to replicate the attachment with current VI, I'm able to control one valve assembly. But I need to control more than one, how do I do that???

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(458 Views)

@Manny904 wrote:

I'm trying to replicate the attachment with current VI, I'm able to control one valve assembly. But I need to control more than one, how do I do that???

• Do not start adding more complications until the program with one valve works perfectly. Once you have clean scalable code, adding more features is trivial.
  • To duplicate the indicators in the image, use picture rings instead of booleans. The rest of the code can remain basically unchanged.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(448 Views)