From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert hex array to binary table

Hello,

I have a table in excel in this format:

2021-09-27_13-20-36.png

The second row is the data value $AC01 in hex, with the binary conversion along the rest of the columns.  The row above that is a description of the block of bits.

I wanted to know if there is a way to get this table into LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,897 Views)

It would MUCH easier to work with the raw data rather than to convert a conversion.  Do you have the raw data before it goes into Excel?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,893 Views)

Not sure what you want to convert to what and from where (there is no excel and both elements are controls). Can you be a bit more specific? Thanks!

Maybe something like this?

altenbach_0-1632765441420.png

Message 3 of 8
(1,882 Views)

The input data values is a hex array.  I have updated the VI for the input array.  The left column is the address array and the right column is the data array.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,881 Views)

I have attached the excel file to draw the data from.  How can this data be displayed in LabVIEW for processing downstream?  That is, take the excel file in and display the excel file entry in a LabVIEW table?

The operation of the program should:

1. read the excel file

2. display the table (as is excel) and

3. manipulate the data row like changing bits

4. use those changed bits for further processing.

The main idea is to bring in the excel file into labview with the description and data so the respective bits to change can be easily viewed.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,879 Views)

I guess the hardest part is getting the data out of Excel.  You have to use the Report Generation Toolkit.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,843 Views)

@billko wrote:

I guess the hardest part is getting the data out of Excel.  You have to use the Report Generation Toolkit.

That's the easiest way, but if you like headaches, you can use Active-X instead.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,816 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

@billko wrote:

That's the easiest way, but if you like headaches, you can use Active-X instead.

RGT is just a bunch of ActiveX wrappers, I think?  I don't like the dependency on Excel because changes to Excel could very well break the code.  Too bad this wasn't a .csv file.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,813 Views)