From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert dnp3 protocol to modbus

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am now having my slave device, which is a SEL 651 proctive relay, talking to computer through DNP3 Ethernet. I have a master model in LabVIEW to see the voltage and frequency transmitted back from the relay.

But right now I want to realize this over Modbus TCP. I have following confusion:

1. I didn't find a Modbus driver, only download a Modbus library from NI website. I am very confused how to replace those main DNP subVIs with Modbus subVIs. Any instrution or hint to guide me would be very appreciated.

2. For the first step, I only 'read' information. How shoud I know which register or coil, i.e. the address of the register and coil, that store the value of voltage and frequency that I want to read from slave SEL 651?

Attached is the code for DNP protocol. Any help is very appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,024 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jli63

Hi,

You can try to get started to understand how the modbus library is used by checking the examples from the LabVIEW example finder. Specifically:

Modbus library.lvproj

Redundant Modbus Masters.lvproj

Here is also some documentation that I hope it can help:

Modbus Overview
http://home.hit.no/~hansha/documents/industrial_it/resources/resources/modbus/Modbus%20Overview.pdf

Best regards,

Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,993 Views)