From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling the Boolean Controls and generating Numeric Output correspondingly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am working on a project of electrode activation, here I was thinking that how could I control one electrode at a time and generate a numeric output of it correspondingly. I want to substitute each electrode with a an LED on Front Panel and generate numeric value of each LED on Block Diagram.

So it can be divided into two parts

1- Control the Boolean outputs

Here, my target is that if I have 5 leds who are used as Boolean control, should be controlled in such a way that only one of them glows at a time and the remaining turns off.

I mean that for instance if #3 was glowing and the user pressed #2 then #3 should be turned off and only #2 glows.

2- Generating Numeric value correspondingly

Then according to the position of LEDs I want to generate a numeric value correspondingly, like previously output 3 was coming and the output 2 comes when second LED glows.

I request all the participants on this group to help me on it.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,268 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abuzar
Why don't you use the radio button control? You can replace the check boxes if you want buttons.
Message 2 of 4
(2,258 Views)

Thanks very much Dennis, Its really what i need.

But i have a bounding in the radio button to place all option together. 

Since i am activating the appropiate electrode on the body, all the options could not come vertically or horizontally.

So can you pls guide me how can i make my 5 electrode behave like a radio control.

Thanks once again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,251 Views)

If you want you arrange the buttons in the format you desired you can Right click the Radio button control>Auto sizing > Size to Fit.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 4 of 4
(2,232 Views)