From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Remote Front Panel via a Webpage

Hi all, 

I am trying to remotely control/view LabVIEW application through a web page (I am running LabVIEW 2010 on 32-bit Windows 7 machine). I have created a simple VI (Test.vi) on computer 1. Then under Options --> Web Server have enabled the remote panel server, set HTTP port, set visible VIs to Test.vi and allowed all browser addresses under Browser Access. Then I've used Web Publishing Tool to create an .html file. In next step I've created an application and installation file. Then I installed the Test.vi application on computer 2, which is a laptop (32-bit Windows 7 machine). It is connected wirelessly to the router.

Well, I guess this is where the gray area begins for me. I'm not too sure what to do from here. First of all, the .html that was earlier created, what do I do with it? Is there a way to attach when I create an application?

Anyways, I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this issue. There seems to be a lack of clear guide as how to do this in situation like this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Viktar 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,560 Views)

Hi Viktar,

As a preliminary measure, have you walked through the steps outlined in our Knowledge Base under How Do I Enable LabVIEW Web Server or Use Remote Panels With an Executable Built in LabVIEW?  I tend to find this article very helpful and I check back to it quite often.  If you have stepped through the linked KB, which areas are you confused or having issues with?

Happy Programming!

Kyle

Regional Account Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,534 Views)

HI Kyle,

yes, I've went over the knowledge base (KB) to which you've pointed. However, what really helped me was the following article http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7F95D43D3F50FCAC8625710E000068E1. Thanks for replying.

Regards,

Viktar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,530 Views)

Viktar,

That's a great one too, so did that article clear up what to do with the .html file?

Kyle

Regional Account Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,520 Views)

Kyle,

yes, the article pretty much solved most of my problems.

Viktar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,516 Views)

Viktar, 

That's great to hear.  I noticed the KB you found was not linked to the one I had found, but the reverse is true.  I went ahead and submitted a request to guarentee those two are fully linked for future users.  

Happy Programming!

Kyle 

Regional Account Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,510 Views)