LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limited sampling rate on PCI-6052E

Solved!
Go to solution

I am attempting to do a two channel measurement with a PC containing a NI PCI-6052E card which is capable of 333KS/s on LabView 8.2. With two channels each channel should be capable of 333KS/s / 2 = 166.5KS/s. Whenever I attempt to set the sampling rate above 94339 Hz I have the following warning and the vi doesn't work anymore.

Warning 200012 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:1
Possible reason(s):
Clock rate specified exceeds the maximum conversion rate of the ADC. ADC overrun errors are likely.

If I setup a similar task in the Measument and Automation Explorer and I can easily do the two channel measuement at 160kHz with no errors. Above 166kHz I start getting the same warning (200012). The code I am using calls first DAQmx Create Channel.vi, then DAQmx Timing.vi, and finally DAQmx Start Task.vi. Everything else works fine and I have made measuements, but I can't increase the sampling rate above 94339 Hz even though it should be possible.

I've looked at everything and I can't figure out the issue here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,091 Views)

Hello,

I've the same problem, and i know the reason (i think...)

I have au PCIe-6323, with one ADC running at 250 kS/s. If i read 5 channels i will be limited at 250 kS/s for 5 channels, so only 50 kS/s/ch.

I suppose PCI-6052E is capable of 333KS/s for all channels...

Good day.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,060 Views)

The product page for your card does indeed say that it has a 250KS/s rate.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207406

My problem is slightly different. The card I use is capable of 333KS/s. So with two channels that should be 166KS/s for each channel.

The problem I have is that I cant go above 94KS/s so I'm limited far below what the card should be able to do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,051 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author voyn

Dear Voyn,

Thank you so much for your post on our webforum. If you create a task for one channel, can you achieve a higher sample rate? Are you able to reproduce the same problem with an example from the example finder? Please go to the browse tab end chose hardware in and output => DAQmx =>  Analog Measurements => voltage => Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi

You can select more channels as well. If this shows the same behaviour; which DAQmx driver are you using?

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,039 Views)

Thanks, I used the code in the example to rewrite my own code and now it's working.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,021 Views)