LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling PXI-2520 with DAQmx

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone have experience controlling the PXI-2520 using the DAQmx driver?  I realize that this is a switch but this page suggests DAQmx supports the hardware:

As a test, I tried using the "Digital -SW-Timed Output.vi" DAQmx shipping example with the PXI-2520 simulated using port0/line0 format for the channel (the channels do not auto populate in the drop down) and this resulted in Error -200170 (channel does not exist error).

A colleague pointed out that if a PXI-2568 (a similar SPST switch, just fewer channels) is simulated instead the DAQmx shipping example works as expected (the channels also auto populate in the drop down).

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(177 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author david.yamagata

Switch modules can support any of four different ways to control their relays, Digital Output, Immediate, Relay and Scanning. NI-2520 does not support DO mode.

For more details, see API Support for Switch Modules

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 3
(137 Views)

Thanks for the information.  It looks like the Immediate, Relay, and Scanning options all rely on the DAQmx Switch VIs, which look to be deprecated now https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/ni-daqmx-labview-api-ref/page/lvdaqmx/palswitch.html

I think my options going forward will be to either swap out the Switch module to something that supports DAQmx DO or update the software to support using NI Switch.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(122 Views)