LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling BSC203 (thorlabs) using LabView

Greetings,

I am trying to control BSC203 (from thorlabs) using Labview 2019. I followed the steps presented in this guide (https://www.thorlabs.com/images/TabImages/GuideToLabVIEWandAPT.pdf) and I created my own VI (attached as image).

The problem is that when labview runs `MoveHome´ method, the following error appears: "FT_IO_ERROR. A USB communication problem has occurred with this controller. Communication to this controller is suspended. The software should be closed and the controller powered off and on to try re-establishing USB communication." (window attached).
Moreover, motor spins and doesn't stop (I had to turn off BSC203).

I got to communicate with the stepper controller (because if I change `MoveHome´ method to `Identify´ method, green led starts to blink) and I ran the same VI but with LTS300 (changing serial number) and it worked properly (I am not using both at the same time, I swapped the USB connection).

I suppose that I am employing the correct ActiveX Control (MG17Motor) because it is the one that the stepper controller user guide mentions.

I would appreciate any help that you can give me. I asked thorlabs too.

Thanks in advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,303 Views)

Hello,

I got the same message here with a TST001 Controller, even when using Thorlabs motion control kinesis software or Thorlabs apt user software.

USB Comms Error

A USB communications error has occurred.
FT_IO_ERROR. A USB communication problem has occurred with this controller. Communication to this controller is suspended. The software should be closed and the controller powered off and on to try re-establishing USB communication.

Did you manage to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,184 Views)